Intrastat - Info
1) As of the declaration for January 2021 (expected on 20/02/2021), the following adjustments apply:
- Partner country: country code XI for Northern Ireland, the rest of the United Kingdom will no longer be included in the Intrastat declaration (no XU nor GB).
- VAT-number counterparty (only for the dispatch declaration): Northern Irish companies are mentioned with their VAT number starting with XI.
- Country of origin: country code XI is also used here for Northern Ireland; for the rest of the United Kingdom it is XU.
2) Until 31/12/2020 nothing changes for the declaration of your goods trade with the UK. Until this date, intra-Community legislation and the country code GB still apply to Intrastat.
The declaration of supplementary units is only required for certain commodity codes. From now on, OneGate will automatically remove this non-mandatory information when saving the data you have entered.
New: The essential information about your Intrastat declarations on 2 pages. Discover the Intrastat quick guide!
The Intrastat Manual Part I - Basis will help you to understand and complete your declarations in an efficient way.
The "Intrastat Manual Part II - Extension" goes into more detail on certain aspects of "Part I – Basis". This second part also deals with the link with the VAT declaration and special movements of goods.
Intrastat newsletters are sent to all declarants in the event of any significant change arising, whether in the nomenclature or the way in which imports and exports should be declared.
In order to enable companies to fill in their Intrastat declarations, the National Bank regularly organises training courses. These are devoted both to the content of the declaration and to the OneGate application.
These training courses are free of charge and are currently given online.
If you are interested, don’t hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com to plan a session concerning your information needs.