Consultation by the tax authorities
The tax authorities may consult the CPC to obtain banking information on persons/entities subject to taxation where there are indications of tax fraud, or where taxes need to be recovered.
Consultation is possible only for certain tax officers as part of a strict procedure established by the Federal Public Service Finance, which is responsible for access authorisation and authentication.
Consultation by registered persons/entities
Upon request, natural and legal persons may receive free of charge a copy of the data recorded under their name at the CPC; such a request must be made in writing, show the date and signature and be sent to the following address:
Belgian National Bank
Central Point of Contact
c/o Service Centrales des crédits
Boulevard de Berlaimont 14
The following documents must accompany the request:
- a clearly legible copy of the front and back of the identity card or, if not available, of a similar document of the person signing the request; representatives of a legal person must also submit a respective power of attorney;
- the necessary identification data:
- in the case of natural persons: name, official first name, date of birth, complete home address;
- in the case of legal persons: the number under which they are registered at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, company name, legal form, complete address of the registered office.
The result of the consultation will be sent free of charge:
- in the case of natural persons: to the address indicated in the National Register of Natural Persons or, if not available, to the address shown in the official identity document the person has submitted;
- in the case of legal persons: to the address indicated in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises or, if not available, to the representative's address as recorded in the National Register of Natural Persons or, if not available, to the address shown in the official identity document the representative has submitted.
Unless the inquirer specifies exactly for which years he wishes to obtain the information, the consultation will automatically concern the last year that regarded a complete communication by all of the registrants (examples: 2013 until 31 March 2015, 2014 between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016, ...).
In addition, any person/entity may request the registrant to correct or delete erroneous data that are recorded under his/her/its name. Registrants shall correct or delete the erroneous data recorded in their own files and immediately inform the CPC of the changes made.