Survey on wage-setting, 2014 (WDN3 – Wage Dynamics Network)
In 2014 and 2015, twenty-five countries of the European Union took part in the third edition of the harmonised survey of firms’ wage- (and price-) setting practices, within the framework of the Wage Dynamics Network (WDN), a European System of Central Banks (ESCB) research network that studies the characteristics of wage dynamics.
An initial analysis of the results for Belgium was published in the December 2015 Economic Review: ‘‘Results of the third wave of the survey on wage-setting in Belgium’’. The findings by branch of activity can be consulted below, set out on the original survey form.
Various more specific research projects using the survey data are currently underway in different countries. Their findings will be released in separate publications.
Results by branch of activity (only available in French and Dutch)
- Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco products (NACE codes 10 to 12): FR | NL
- Manufacture of textiles, wearing apparel, leather and footwear (NACE codes 13 to 15): FR | NL
- Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials (NACE code 16): FR | NL
- Manufacture of paper and paperboard, printing and reproduction of recorded media (NACE codes 17 and 18): FR | NL
- Manufacture of chemicals and pharmaceutical products (NACE codes 20 and 21): FR | NL
- Manufacture of rubber, plastic and other non-metallic mineral products (NACE codes 22 and 23): FR | NL
- Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment (NACE codes 24 and 25): FR | NL
- Manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products, and electrical equipment (NACE codes 26 and 27): FR | NL
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c. (NACE code 28): FR NL
- Manufacture of motor vehicles and other transport equipment (NACE codes 29 and 30): FR | NL
- Manufacture of furniture, repair and installation of machinery and equipment, and other manufacturing (NACE codes 31 to 33): FR | NL
- Construction (NACE codes 41 to 43): FR | NL
- Wholesale trade (including retail trade of motor vehicles and motorcycles) (NACE codes 45 and 46): FR | NL
- Retail trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles (NACE code 47): FR | NL
- Transport and warehousing (NACE codes 49 to 53): FR | NL
- Accommodation and food and beverage service activities (NACE codes 55 and 56): FR |NL
- Information and communications (NACE codes 58 to 63): FR | NL
- Financial service activities and insurance (NACE codes 64 and 66): FR | NL
- Real estate activities and specialised professional, scientific and technical activities (NACE codes 68 to 75): FR | NL
- Administrative and business support activities (NACE codes 77 to 82): FR | NL
- Total industry: FR | NL
Would you like to know more?
You can find a summary and links to studies and publications that have used the results of previous surveys by way of the following link: WDN results.