Bank identification codes
Financial institutions established in Belgium have one or more identification codes. These codes are used, for example, for the first three figures of all Belgian account numbers. The update frequency of the list of identification codes is variable, which means each time a change occurs.
The following documents list all the codes which had been allocated by the Protocol Secretariat to the institutions:
- Grouped List of Current Codes (pdf)
- Grouped List of Current Codes (xlsx - Office2007)
- Grouped List of Current Codes (xls - Office2003)
- Full List of Current Codes (xlsx - Office2007)
- Full List of Current Codes (xls - Office2003)
- Changes to the list of bank identification codes (pdf)
- Relationship Protocol and T2 BIC (pdf)
The Secretariat of the agreements allocates the identification codes to the financial institutions that are active on the Belgian market. This list was completed with the corresponding BIC-codes, as assigned by SWIFT. The published BIC-codes are based upon information related to the Belgian retail payment traffic and are published as part of the Secretariat of the Agreements only for exploratory reasons.
When used for specific reasons the financial institution concerned or the SWIFT-website should be consulted.