I have unused credit cards, what should I do with them?

Credit cards are a reserve of ready money and the amount of this reserve, even if you do not use it, is registered at the Central Register.

If you do not use a credit card and you have repaid everything, you may, if you wish, request that the card be cancelled by the institution which issued it. This lender will notify the Central Register as soon as the card has been cancelled and the data will be automatically deleted.

Please note, however, if you have not paid everything or if you have an overdue debt relating to this credit card, the data will remain registered.