FAQ - Digital certificate
1. Why is there the need for a digital certificate?
- It’s the key to access Sofista as well as Filing
- It protects against unauthorized use
- It guarantees the identity of the user
- It guarantees the integrity of the content
2. Why should one use the same certificate during the whole filingprocess?
The upload, the follow-up and the choice between the different modes of payment have to be done with the same certificate.
When a certificate is replaced or the validity is extended, certain key figures of the certificate might be changed. Consequently, information on the filing history might get lost.
3. I’ve got an error message using my new identity card (eID)
When the eID is replaced, it takes 3 working days before this new eID will be fully operational.