Coronavirus COVID-19 guidelines for visitors and external staff of the National Bank of Belgium
Visitors and external parties must always follow the Bank's instructions as described in the NBB's Coronavirus Guide. This information sheet provides an overview.
Visitors and external staff shall comply with the following measures:
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory in corridors, staircases, elevators, the hall of counters, the restaurant, the museum and the auditorium complex.
- Do not come to the Bank:
- If you present any symptoms of illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, chest pain, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell, diarrhoea, etc.);
- If you have been in contact with a patient with COVID-19 or a person suspected of being sick with COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks;
- If you or a housemate have travelled to a zone labeled “red” in the last 10 days or a zone labeled “orange” in the last 7 days. See FPS Foreign Affairs: https://diplomatie.belgium.be.
- Traffic in the Bank must be kept to a strict minimum and you are requested to stay at the workplace as much as possible.
- Make sure you wash or disinfect your hands when you arrive at the Bank; hydroalcoholic gel dispensers are available at the staff entrance. During the day, frequent hand washing with soap and water remains essential.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. If you do not have a handkerchief at hand, sneeze or cough into the crease of your elbow.
- Respect the maximum number of people allowed in lifts, smoking cabins and meeting rooms
- Access to the Bank's canteen is strictly reserved for staff with a blue, green or yellow Bank badge.
- Make sure to respect social distancing when using the changing rooms; also make sure to wash your hands before and after using the changing rooms.
The contractor of external staff must inform its staff and ensure that these rules are complied with.
The contractor shall immediately inform the Bank (call your contact person or project manager) if any of its employees (who have worked at the Bank) test positive for COVID-19.
The contractor shall provide its personnel with masks and hydroalcoholic gel, if necessary.
Use of the Bank's car park may be restricted or even prohibited at any time in order to give priority to Bank staff. Without specific communication from the Bank, the Bank's car park remains accessible to visitors and outside firms, and for firms in particular the area reserved for high vehicles, in order to park the usual number of vehicles they have used up to now for the purpose of carrying out the activities for which they have been hired.
As regards deliveries and storage of materials, suppliers will make their deliveries with as little physical contact as possible with other people (loading and unloading shall be done entirely by the supplier or recipient).
Make sure you plan and spread out your deliveries.
Pay particular attention to how you store materials in order to avoid a situation where all workers would have to collect their materials in the same place (and are therefore unable to keep a sufficient distance).
In order to avoid contact with third parties, drivers shall remain in their lorries.
Sanitary facilities have been made available to you, either on the site itself or in its immediate vicinity; these facilities have been clearly indicated by means of a poster, and their location will be clearly indicated to you by a Bank official on the day you start or resume your activities. In the case of washrooms located in the working site area, please ensure that they are cleaned daily in accordance with the recommendations set out in the generic guide. Washrooms outside the working site area will be cleaned daily by the service provider hired by the Bank.
Please provide appropriate containers (bin with lid) for collecting materials (waste) used for individual and collective hygiene purposes, such as tissues and disposable cleaning cloths (as well as any protective equipment used). You will also be responsible for disposing of this waste;
Please always follow any instructions given by internal security guards (recognisable by the Vigilis symbol).
Our Sixco safety coordinator's documents must be duly completed before resuming work. When the activity in question is restarted, and then on a regular basis, the executing personnel must complete the attached checklist (French / Dutch). This ensures that the situation on site is such that the rules in force can be complied with.