"Registrant" or "those required to report": A bank, bureau de change, credit institution or savings association mentioned in Article 322, § 3, of the Belgian Income Tax Code 1992.
"Client": Any natural or legal person or association of persons without legal personality which is
- the owner or co-owner of an account held with a registrant;
- the primary counterparty or co-counterparty to a contract concluded with a registrant.
"Account": any bank account opened in Belgium that enables a registrant's client to receive revenue, to undertake cash withdrawals or cash transfers, to make payments in favour of a third party or to receive payments originating from a third party.
"Contract": any of the following agreements concluded between a client and a registrant either directly or through an authorised representative, and which is not inseparably combined with an account:
- mortgage credit agreement;
- instalment sale agreement;
- financial leasing agreement;
- instalment loan agreement;
- credit-granting agreement;
- investment services and/or activities agreement;
- transfer of funds;
- any other agreement not mentioned above by means of which a lender supplies funds to a natural or legal person or commits to supply funds to an enterprise under condition that such funds be paid back on time.