Correction of individual or consolidated annual accounts previously submitted
A legal person can of its own accord or on demand of the National Bank, file a correction of an annual or consolidated account previously filed. This correction does not, however, replace the previously filed annual account, the initial deposit will remain available for consultation, even after the correction has been filed.
1. Correction of individual or consolidated annual accounts previously submitted on paper or in the form of a PDF file
A legal person may, of its own accord, make any necessary corrections or additions to annual or consolidated accounts already submitted on paper or in the form of a pdf file.
A legal person may also, on demand of the National Bank, file a correction, following the arithmetical and logical checks conducted by the National Bank on annual accounts made up according to a standard model and filed on paper or in the form of a pdf file. According to this procedure, where errors are detected in accounts submitted on paper, the National Bank sends written notification of the errors to the legal person concerned.
A distinction is made between essential and non-essential errors.
- Essential errors are those which cannot be rectified on the basis of the data presented in the annual accounts. An enterprise has to submit corrected accounts within two months of notification by the National Bank. Associations and foundations are not required to submit corrected accounts.
Essential errors can only occur in annual accounts submitted on paper or electronically in PDF format, because if annual accounts are submitted via the internet as a structured data file (XBRL file) and that file contains essential errors, the validation software which verifies the data in the annual accounts file on submission will automatically reject the accounts.
- non-essential errors can, on the other hand, be rectified on the basis of the data presented in the annual accounts , in that case, the enterprise, association or foundation concerned is merely asked to avoid such errors in subsequent submissions.
So that the National Bank can accept a correction or addition submitted on paper or in the form of a pdf-file:
- the documents submitted must meet all the formal conditions
- the filing fees due must be paid
- the corrected or additional sheets – and only those – must be preceded by the completed (and signed if it concerns a filing on paper) sheet 1 of the appropriate full or abridged model of the annual account. Besides, on the top of that sheet 1 and each subsequent sheet must be marked "CORRECTION".
2. Correction of annual accounts submitted in the form of a structured data file
A firm which has submitted its annual accounts electronically in the form of an XBRL file may still want to submit corrected accounts following acceptance of the accounts by the National Bank. Such corrected accounts can also be submitted electronically. In that case it is necessary to upload and send the entire annual accounts file.
A corrected submission involving the amendment of any of the identifiers (enterprise number, year-end closure date or language) must however always be submitted to the National Bank on paper or in the form of a PDF file.