This application enables you to consult information concerning the annual accounts or consolidated annual accounts filed with the National Bank since 1992.
Information made available
This application contains:
- information about legal persons that have submitted annual accounts or consolidated annual accounts directly to the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) since 1992, or that should file annual accounts with the NBB in view of their legal form and situation;
- information about the filed documents, namely the references of all annual accounts and consolidated annual accounts that have been filed with the NBB since 1 January 1992;
- a PDF file for each set of annual accounts and consolidated annual accounts that have been filed as from 1 January 2005 with the NBB;
- an XBRL file for each set of annual accounts that have been filed with the NBB in this form as from 2 April 2007.
When using the application for the first time, it is possible that your browser is not yet adjusted to show the files of annual accounts in the right way. In that case, we advise you to scrupulously follow the short procedure described (Dutch - French). Should the same problem reoccur you can contact the Helpdesk of the Central Balance Sheet Office, on NBB working days, from Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm.
- +32 2 221 30 01
- +32 2 221 32 66
The application is accessible at all times, with the exception of Sunday mornings (from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm).
- In which formats can the annual accounts be consulted?
The application offers
- a PDF file for each set of annual accounts and consolidated accounts filed as from 1st January 2005 with the National Bank. To consult the documents in pdf format you need the free software, Acrobat Reader, made available by Adobe. (http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/reader/)
- an XBRL file for each set of annual accounts filed with the National Bank in that form since 2nd April 2007 by the legal persons themselves. These XBRL files are intended mainly for users who wish to analyse the financial position of the legal persons concerned without first having to re-enter the basic data filed. Such users can therefore make use of software already available on the market, or software that can be developed on their demand by the private softwaresector. For further Information, you can contact your softwaresupplier or you can contact the NPO XBRL Belgium (e-mail: email@example.com).
- Why does the application always show the same annual accounts?
If you always see the same set of accounts on your screen, that is probably because your computer has stored the requested internet page in its internal memory to speed up access to internet pages which have already been requested.
If you are using a stand-alone computer, you need to delete the temporary internet files and cookies in your browser’s internet options (often to be found under "Extra" or "Tools").
If the problem persists and your computer is linked to a local network, then you need to "refresh" the proxy server and adjust the server settings so as to by-pass the cache memory for the application "On-line consultation of annual accounts".
- How do I delete temporary files?
Temporary files often take up a lot of space on your pc and can cause technical problems. The demonstration below shows you how to delete the temporary files and to have them deleted automatically in the future every time you close your browser. This will only remove temporary, unwanted files. Demo (in French - in Dutch)
About the information made available
The applications CONSULT and FILING archive the references of the annual accounts and consolidated annual accounts filed since 1992 with the National Bank of Belgium. The application CONSULT also presents the contents of the annual and consolidated accounts filed as from 1st January 2005.
The identification data of the legal person, such as name, address, legal form and legal status are made available by the National Bank as additional information and are taken from the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (CBE), managed by the Federal Public Service Economy. The National Bank simply copies these data, which it considers to be authentic and recommends you to check the data in general and the legal status in particular at an independent source before making a decision based on these data.
Furthermore, the data contained in the CBE can be referred to and controlled directly through the "Public Search"-function available on the website of the CBE. If inaccurate data have been entered in the CBE, the very legal person concerned in principle has to inform the CBE thereof, insofar as all legal obligations as to the publication of identification data have been complied with. The procedure is set forth on the above mentioned website of the CBE.
The relevant legal persons are responsible for the contents of the documents they have lodged with the National Bank. These documents are indeed being made available by the National Bank without any change, on the understanding that the National Bank mentions some data in the reserved area at the top of the first page of each document and that annual accounts submitted as structured data files are turned into a PDF file by the National Bank.
When annual accounts have been filed electronically in the form of a structured data file, the redundant sections of the model are not included in the copy made available by the National Bank. Moreover, the amounts which have been expressed in euro in two decimals pursuant to the applicable regulations, are rounded off by the National Bank in euro without any decimals.
Should a legal person notice that what he has filed does not correspond to what should have been filed, he can carry out a "Correction ", which consequently will be made available as such by the National Bank. The "Correction" of the annual account will be added to the list of filed annual accounts, in other words, the initial deposit won't be removed.
A register of all corporate acts published as of 1983 in the Annexes to the Moniteur belge can be consulted on the website of the FPS Justice. In addition, recent corporate acts can be visualised on-line.
About the availability of the application CONSULT
In principle, the consultation of images of annual accounts is guaranteed from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. to 5 p.m., except on days off and on bank holidays. Consulting will probably also be possible beyond that schedule, although access to the application "On-line consultation of annual accounts" can then not be guaranteed.
In order to offer every user of the application optimum access, the National Bank has created an IT structure which covers users’ main information requirements. However, the application is not intended for the systematic, let alone large-scale viewing or downloading of files. The National Bank of Belgium reserves the right to block the access to the internet application without any prior notice to anyone jeopardising the proper functioning of the application.