Call for Papers: Conference on Real-Time Data Analysis, Methods and Applications
The Joint Research Center of the European Commission (JRC-EC, Ispra), the National Bank of Belgium (NBB), the KU Leuven, the Université Catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain), the Ghent University, the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), and the Université de Namur (UNamur) are organizing the annual conference on real-time data analysis, methods, and applications in macroeconomics and finance, which will be held at the National Bank of Belgium on Thursday and Friday, October 10–11, 2019. The conference will bring together leading researchers in real-time analysis of economic data and will cover topics such as real-time macro- and financial econometrics, forecasting, and macroeconomic policy analysis, among others.
The organizers invite the submission of papers related to such topics as:
- Nowcasting, forecasting, and real-time monitoring of macroeconomic and financial conditions
- The use of real-time data in policy formulation and analysis
- New real-time macroeconomic and financial databases
- Real-time modeling and forecasting aspects of high-frequency financial data
- Survey data and their use in macro model analysis and evaluation
- Evaluation of data revision and real-time forecasts, including point forecasts, probability forecasts, density forecasts, risk assessments, and decompositions
Both theoretical and applied studies are welcomed. Papers of potential interest to statistical agencies and policymakers are encouraged.
Submissions: Papers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 20, 2019
Support: There are no registration or other fees. The organizers will provide accommodation for presenters and discussants. Young researches can apply in order to have financial support for travel expenses, which is kindly sponsored by the International Association for Applied Econometrics (IAEE, https://appliedeconometrics.org/). Applicants should be members of the IAEE. Financial support is allocated on a competitive basis.