For the eighth year running, the National Bank of Belgium has published its Financial Stability Review.
Print version (pdf - 27k)
The regular feature of this publication, the Overview, takes a close look at the main determinants of the stability of the Belgian financial system and analyses recent developments in the banking and insurance sector in Belgium.
The second part of the Financial Stability Review contains three articles concerning oversight of the soundness of financial infrastructure:
- Overview of the NBB's oversight activities
- The assessment of Euroclear Bank (ICSD) against the CPSS-IOSCO Recommendations
- A central counterparty solution for credit default swaps
Through more specific thematic articles, the Review also contributes to debates and reflections on the major changes underway in the international financial system. This year, the third part of the Review features articles on the following themes:
- Extreme events and financial system governance: some lessons from the crisis
- Reforming remuneration schemes in the financial industry: some governance and implementation issues
- What determines euro area bank CDS spreads?
In addition to its Financial Stability Review, the Bank is also publishing a new issue of the half-yearly brochure entitled "Statistical overview of the Belgian financial system". This publication provides a series of tables and charts describing trends observed in credit institutions, investment firms and investment advisory firms, collective investment management companies, insurance companies, pension funds and public issues of securities.